Sunset at Necklace Point, Bhor, Maharashtra

This is about my solo visit to Rohida fort which also goes by the name of Vichitragadh. The thing about this fort is that its not that popular among common forts and also is a bit far compared to the other well known ones like Tikona, Lohgadh etc..

This fort is situated near the Bhor village, so my plan was to head out for it a bit late so that after the hiking I could make it to a very famous point in Bhor area called Necklace point for the amazing sunset.

Now coming to the part of what I went through that day...
As I mentioned, I left home around 1 in the afternoon and it was a 70-80 km drive from my home and to drive this far needs little motivation as I don't like to drive much. So at that time the motivation was sunset from Necklace point!

I reached at the base village of the fort at around 3:15pm and after I was done paying the parking fees I was guided out by the local children to the exact track of the fort. When I started towards the fort I only saw 4-5 people coming back as its a less famous fort.

Now here's when things start to get a bit weird as suddenly all the locals along with the guys who were making their way back from the fort tried to stop me from going forward as according to them it was too unsafe. But it was something I could not digest very easily as the thought kept popping up in my head that may be the reason that those people were stopping me was because I am a girl!!

Just imagine driving all the way up to 80kms just to hear that its too dangerous to go to the top. Seemed like somebody was breaking my heart!! I also talked about my solo trips and trekking experiences of the past still they were not in my favour. They mentioned about wild animals and drunk people too. so the villagers wouldn't budge from their decision so I had to step back, and also some tension arose due to some political issues and cops came in there and so I decided its better to leave the place before things start to go south.

A bit disappointed, I made my way towards the Necklace point hoping that the beautiful sunset would surely make my day as I had already drove 80kms and I was in no mood of going back without visiting any new place!

Even though I knew I would have to wait 1.5 hrs to see the sunset as I had left the fort area around 4 in the evening, I was still pretty pumped up for it. But things never go the way we expect them to go, don't they? My vehicle started to gave up on me and after dragging it a long way and also with the help of some kind souls I finally managed to locate a garage and got my vehicle up and running. Guess what, those 1.5 hrs weren't extra anymore!! With doubts in my mind that whether I would make it on time for sunset I eagerly went for it keeping my hopes alive. I finally made it to the place which would quench my adventure thirst for the day and saw a mesmerizing sunset.

I have added some clicks of this natural ornament kind of place called 'Necklace Point'.

I was not very sure that I would see the perfect Necklace kind of river surrounded with greenery, but yes it's there. You can clearly amidst the beauty of the greenery in the pictures. After enjoying the sunset I started towards Pune.

The trip without some memorable incidents is not a trip actually you know. In my case whenever and wherever I would go, I would have some stories for sure. My friends used to tell me that 'Kya kand kar k aayi' (what did you do some weird). But at the end all I remember is the beauty of the places and the kindness of the people whom do I meet on each trip.

Moto G5 Plus Click






Comments